〈动感英语〉的俚语部分的笔记哪一期的都行~但是只要俚语部分~最好有中英问互译~

来源:学生作业帮助网 编辑:六六作业网 时间:2024/12/25 01:04:10
〈动感英语〉的俚语部分的笔记哪一期的都行~但是只要俚语部分~最好有中英问互译~〈动感英语〉的俚语部分的笔记哪一期的都行~但是只要俚语部分~最好有中英问互译~〈动感英语〉的俚语部分的笔记哪一期的都行~但

〈动感英语〉的俚语部分的笔记哪一期的都行~但是只要俚语部分~最好有中英问互译~
〈动感英语〉的俚语部分的笔记
哪一期的都行~但是只要俚语部分~最好有中英问互译~

〈动感英语〉的俚语部分的笔记哪一期的都行~但是只要俚语部分~最好有中英问互译~
a chip off the old block
某人在性格上是父母的翻版.
1. My mother and I are very alike, I am a chip off the old block.
我和妈妈非常相像,我完全是她的翻版.
a close one
与"a close call"相似,意思是很悬,迁千钧一发,很紧急的情况.差点遇到危险,但好在逃过了这一难.
1. I had a close call on my way to work, A car hit my bike but I didn’t fall.
我今天上班路上的情况挺惊险,一辆车撞了我的自行车,不过我没有摔倒.
2. I passed my exam by one point. It was a close one.
我仅以一分之差勉强考试及格,真是够悬的
a dime a dozen
十分常见,不太值钱.
1. Watermelons in Beijing in the summer are a dime a dozen.
北京的夏天,西瓜多得根本不值钱了.
2. Bad managers are a dime a dozen but a good one is difficult to find.
坏的老板简直是多如牛毛,碰见一个好的真难.
a piece of cake
小意思,易如反掌.
1. Our homework last night was a piece of cake.
我们昨天晚上的家庭作业很容易.
2. Using a digital camera is a piece of cake.
用数码相机是很容易的事.
a way out of this mess
一个可以摆脱混乱局面的办法.
1. The traffic is terrible today!We need to find a way out of this mess!
今天的交通一塌糊涂,我们需要想想办法摆脱这个局面.
2. I have 3 exams and an interview tomorow.I really need a way out of this mess!
我明天有三个考试,一个面试.我必须想个解决办法.
a whole new ballgame
状况完全不同于以往,“ballgame” 意思是情况,局面.
1. High school was fun but university is a whole new ballgame.
高中生活很轻松,但是大学就完全不一样了.
2. I have a lot of work experience in America, but working in China is a whole new ballgame.
我在美国的工作经验很丰富,但是我在中国就完全不一样了.
act like a clown
行为愚蠢.To act silly, stupid or crazy.
1. When the boys drink too much beer, they act like clowns.
当那些男孩喝啤酒喝多了之后,他们的行为表现得很愚蠢.
any minute
随时有可能发生,马上.
1. She should be here at any minute.
她应该马上就到了
around the block
在某方面有经验,是个老手.
1. Let’s ask Justin how to deal with this situation. He’s been around the block a few times.
让我们问一下贾斯廷如何处理这种情况,他好几次碰到过这种困难.
2. I’ve been around the block a few times. I know what I’m doing.
我对处理这种困难很有经验,我知道应该怎么做.
as nature intended
出自人类本能的要求.
1. Every weekend I drink beer as nature intended.
每个周末我都要喝啤酒,因为这是自然需要.
2. I must go do as nature intended.
我必须去方便一下(上厕所).
ask off
请假.
1. I want to ask off for my birthday this year.
今年我的生日我想请假.
2. A: Are you going to the soccer game this afternoon?
B: No, I asked off, but my boss said he needs me in the office.
你今天下午要去看足球比赛吗?
不,我请假了,但是老板说他需要我去办公室上班.
bust my ass
第一个含义是指:让某人的日子不好过,让某人难堪.第二个含义是指“拼命努力地工作”.
. I wish the directors just would stop,you know,busting my ass because I already have lots of problems.
我真的希望导演别再为难我,我的麻烦已经够多了.
2. Every day I work,I bust my ass so my family can live well.
我每天我非常卖力地工作,因为我想要生活得更好.
burst someone's bubble
打破某人的幻想.
1. A:I dream of going to study at Harvard University.
B:I’m sorry to burst your bubble, but your grades are too low. You’ll never get accepted to Harvard.
我梦想能够到哈佛大学去上学读书.
我非常对不起告诉你实话,你不要再做白日梦了.你的分数成绩太低了,所以你永远不可能被哈佛录取的.
2. My little sister thinks that Santa Claus is real. Don’t burst her bubble by telling her that he isn’t.
我的妹妹她觉得圣诞老人是真的,所以让我们不要打破她这个梦想,说它不是真的.
bum
不好的,恶劣的,坏的.
1. Even though he was a good guy,he had a bum reputation.
虽然他真的是一个好人,但他的名声不太好.
2. I wish I could run the marathon,but I have a bum knee.
我希望我可以参加马拉松的比赛,但是不行,因为我的腿有伤.
bully
威吓,威逼,尤指以强欺弱.也可以做名词,指那些爱欺负人的人,欺凌弱小者.
1. He is such a bully.He pushes the other kids around at school.
这个小子就爱欺负人,他在学校总是摆布别人.
2. I’m not gonna tell you my secret,so stop bullying me.
我不会告诉你我的秘密的,你欺负我我也不会告诉你.
bull's eye
正中靶心,恰到好处.
1. He scored a bull’s eye with his last assignment.
上次任务他完成得漂亮至极,太棒了.
bug
小错误、小毛病,瑕疵.
1. There seems to be a bug in the new accounting system.
看来新的会计制度存在一些小问题.
2. There were a few bugs in the new computer program,but we’ve worked them out and it’s now ready to be sold.
新编的电脑程序有点瑕疵.但是我们已经完全的解决掉了.现在这套程序可以上市了.
broken hearted
心碎的,极度伤心的,非常难过.
1. After her boyfriend left,she was broken hearted.
她男朋友离她而去之后,她难过极了.
2. I do love you. I would be broken hearted if anything bad were to happen to you.
我很爱你,如果你要是遭到什么不测的话,我会心碎的.
bring sb/sth down
削弱某人/某事的优势,抑制住某人/某事.
1. That newspaper is starting to have too much influence. We need to try to bring it down.
那份报纸太有影响力了,我们需要遏制一下它影响力.
2. How are we gonna bring down that team?They’re so good.they’ve won the championship 3 years in a row!
我们怎么样能够打败那支队伍呢?他们太棒了,他们连续三年都是冠军.
bring it on
给自己打气,壮胆,鼓舞士气.
1. At the start of the boxing match, the boxer yelled at his opponent to bring it on.
拳击赛开始时,拳击选手对着对手大声吼叫,给自己鼓舞士气.
2. When the thief was arrested, he wasn’t nervous, he actually shouted at the policemen to bring it on.
小偷被逮捕的时候,他并不害怕,他甚至还冲着警察大声吼叫,给自己壮胆.
break it up
第一个意思是停下你手中的事情.第二个意思“divide a task”把一个事情分给不同的人去干.
1. Come on guys,Let’s break it up!We don’t want to get in trouble for fighting.
别再吵好吗?我们总不想打起来,停下来.
2. That’s a huge project.If we break it up.We’ll finish faster.
有个工作太大了,如果我们把它交给不同的人去干,可能我们的速度会更加快.
break it down to sb
给某人详细、透彻地介绍或解释.
1. I don’t understand this idea at all,you have to break it down to me.
这个主意我根本没有明白,你给我详细解释一下.
2. For his presentation,he first gave us an overview, then he broke down the ideas to help us understand.
他给我们做一个陈述,他做的第一步是介绍一个概况,然后为了使我们更容易理解,他帮我们把里面的每一个细节都详细解释.
brainstorm
集思广益.
1. We need to sit down and brainstorm ideas for a new marketing slogan for a new product.
我们需要坐下来一起集思广益,为新产品设计一个好的营销口号.
2. After a bit of brainstorming, Evelyn came up with several great titles for her book.
伊夫琳左思右想了一阵之后,终于为她的书想出了几个好名字.
boogie
跳舞,this is another way of saying “dance”.
1. Wow, that girl sure knows how to boogie! She’s got great moves.
那个女孩一定很会跳舞,你看她的动作多棒!
2. I love this song, let’s boogie.
我很喜欢这首歌,让我们跳舞吧.
bluff
撒谎,骗人,相当于"lie".
1. A: Don’t hit me!OK?I know KongFu,I’m not bluffing.
B: You’re bluffing.
你可别打我,我会武功,我可没骗你.
你在骗人,我才不信你呢.
2. A: If you fire me,I’ll sue you.
B: You’re bluffing,get out.
如果你炒我的话我就去告你.
我才不信你所说的,滚出去.