we decided to buy tickets for the jiangyou boat出自哪篇课文 在线等
来源:学生作业帮助网 编辑:六六作业网 时间:2024/12/27 18:12:54
we decided to buy tickets for the jiangyou boat出自哪篇课文 在线等
we decided to buy tickets for the jiangyou boat出自哪篇课文 在线等
we decided to buy tickets for the jiangyou boat出自哪篇课文 在线等
外研版高中英语必修4 module 5
Module 5 A Trip Along the Three Gorges
三峡之旅
In August 1996,Peter Hessler,a young American teacher of English,arrived in the town of Fuling on the Yangtze River.
He and a colleague were to spend two years there teaching English at a teacher training college.
They were the only foreigners in the town.The first semester finished at the end of
January and they had four weeks off for the Spring Festival.
They could go anywhere they wished.They decided to take a boat downstream.
We decided to buy tickets for the Jiangyou boat.
我们打算买到“江油号”的船票.
Our colleagues said,“You shouldn’t go on those ships.They are very crowded
.They are mainly for goods and people trading along the river.
同事们说:
“你们不要坐那种船.它们太拥挤,主要是用来运货的.乘客多事沿江做生意的人.
They don’t stop at the temples and there won’t be any other foreigners.” That sounded
fine to me.
那些船不停靠庙宇,也不会有别的外国游人乘坐.
”我觉得听起来还不错.
We just had to show our passports and they let us get on the boat.
我们出示护照后边上了船.
We left the docks on a beautiful afternoon.The sun was shining brightly as we sailed downstream through a hilly region.
在一个美丽的午后,我们离开码头.当我们顺流而下穿过山区的时候,阳光很灿烂.
Men rode bamboo rafts along the river’s edge and coal boats went past.
男人们乘坐着江边的竹筏,运煤的小船来来往往.
As the sun set we docked at Fengdu.We could see the sun setting behind the white pagoda.It was beautiful.
太阳落山时,我们的船在丰都靠岸.我们目睹太阳在白塔后西沉,美丽极了.
We slept through the first gorge,which is called the Qutang Gorge.
穿过长江第一峡——翟塘峡时,我们正在睡梦中.
The gorge narrows to 350 feet as the river rushes through the tow-mile-high mountains.
江水在两英里高峰峦间奔流,峡谷狭窄处只有350英尺.
“Oh,well,” my friend said,“at least we have two more left.”
我朋友说;“至少我们还能看见另外两个峡谷”.
At Wushan we made a detour up the Daning River to see some of the smaller gorges.
船到巫山时,我们绕道溯游大宁河,观赏了几处小峡谷.
The next day we went through the ig gorges on the Yangtze River.It was a lovely morning as we went through the Wu Gorge.
第二天,我们经过了长江的大峡谷.在一个美丽的上午轮船驶过巫峡.
We passed the Xiang River,home of Qu Yuan,the 3rd century BC poet.There was so much history long the Yangtze River.
我们还经过了湘江,那是公元前三世纪一位诗人——屈原的家乡.
Every rock looked like a person or animal,every stream that joined the great river carried its legends,every hill was heavy with the past.
长江有太多的历史.块块巨石形象各异,条条支流都流淌着传说,座座小山承载着过往.
As we came out of the third gorge,the Xiling Gorge,we sailed into the construction site of the dam.
穿过长江三峡西陵峡后,轮船驶入大坝建设处的江面.
All the passengers came on deck.We took pictures and pointed at the site,but we weren’t allowed to get off the boat.
所有乘客都上了甲板,大家拍照片,对着工地指指点点,但不可以下船.
The Chinese flag was blowing in the wind.On a distant mountain was a sign in 20-foot characters.“Build the Three Gorges Dam,Exploit the Yangtze River,” it said.
五星红旗在风中飘扬着.远山上写着英尺大的汉子“建造长江大坝,开发长江资源”
.
外研版高中英语必修4 module 5